Today was a momentous day for Elise. She got to try solid foods for the first time! Okay not exactly solid foods. When Heather said we were going to give her carrots I thought we were going to chop them up and give them to her. Then she pointed out that Elise doesn't have teeth and that didn't work. What I didn't know was she had bought some carrot baby food. So today was Elise's time tasting something besides milk or oatmeal cereal, which she seemed to get pretty bored with very quickly. So today is her first taste of something with some "pizaaz". Here's her first reaction:
She was delighted right away! You can see the orange color still on her lips from her first bite. She sort of changed the tune of her song after a few more bites though:
Yesterday they had a little event out at the airport I work at. Heather brought Elise. We took time to pose by one of the planes I instruct in.
Elise has been making this funny new face alot lately that we call the old man face. Here's an example!