Elise had a big day today! She crawled on hands and knees "un-assisted" momentarily for the first time (very briefly). Heather was there to shoot a few pics.
We have been trying to convince her that this method is faster and easier than scooting around on her butt, which she has pretty much mastered. The truth is, to do something new like this, Elise needs the proper motivation. Notice the little cheerio on the floor below.
We got a pretty good snow today. Rumor has it most of the country got a piece of it. So maybe you had snow today too!
The reason I put elise's "first snow" in quotation marks above, is because I am sure Elise will have many first snows. The truth is, she was born in the snow up in Grand Rapids (well not born in the snow but, well you know what I mean...quit your snickering Zack Keith!). But there's no way she remembers that. When we bring her out there, it is new to her. The beauty of it is, when it snows next year I am sure she won't remember this year! And then when we come home on furloughs in the future, I am sure she won't remember the snow from when she was two years old! So we look forward to many first snows with Elise!!
Elise has proved to be a fast learner. We caught her playing some Christmas songs on the piano with Grandma Ellen.
And if you've heard the rumor about Santa missing a reindeer, it's true, and we found her!!
But when we brought her back to Santa, I'm not sure she was buying it.
Nope. She knows the real Santa and that's definitely not him.