OK here's those pics of Elise to satisfy those relatives!
Because of what I have mentioned above, we have also enjoyed reflecting back on the first half of our ministry partnership adventure. The thing that sticks out to us most is the people.....you! We have gotten to visit very many special people, and have gotten to know many on a deeper level. What a blessing! Not everybody is lead by the Lord to join our ministry support team, but we still enjoy the blessing of getting to know people better! So many ask "How is this time been for you" and wince waiting for the result. My response, it has been incredible. We have gotten to spend time with so many family, friends, and different churches and have shared that inside glimpse of their lives I mentioned. And we've also had the privilege of inviting folks to invest with us their prayers and resources to join us in this very effective and practical ministry. I still remember that excitement I felt in 2003 when I learned about MAF. I was beside myself at how a 30 minute flight could save that missionary family two weeks of hiking through the jungle. And he could pick up a mom having childbirth complications in another village on the way back to the city, carrying her to a hospital for medical care (I could go on and on but I'll spare you!) So to invite people to invest with us in these things has been a privilege. And to see the way people have been led by the Lord to respond has been humbling, and it helps us know that He is drawing all of us into something bigger than ourselves!