Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pics, Vids, Leaving Idaho

Today we had a couple of our friends and fellow MAF'ers over for Pizza. Kris and Aaron are going through the same training I was before Ian was born. Somehow it came up that Aaron has a remote control helicopter back at his apartment. He ran back and got it. He set it up and flew it, and I captured Elise's reaction when she saw it take off for the first time. When you watch, pay attention to her facial expression at the very beginning when she sees it take off.



She was so excited! I would love to be able to get that excited about things!
Aaron, who owns the helicopter, is also training to fly in Indonesia. He and his wife Katie also have a baby on the way. I am going to come back out here (by myself) for a week in late June to join Aaron for the "back country flying" week that I missed when Ian was born last month.

A few days ago I caught Elise watching baby brother in the car-seat...




I put together an album of some recent pictures, including pictures of my parents' visits a couple weeks back. We had so much fun with them. What a blessing it has been to share Ian's first few weeks with so many of our parents here in Idaho!




We will be leaving Idaho this coming Monday, the 23rd. We are very eager to get back to friends and family in Missouri. But also we will be a little sad to leave Idaho! After three months here it has become a little bit like home!

Our tentative leave window for Indonesia is late July or August to go begin language school. We have 3 percent of our monthly support that needs to come in still, and a lot of stuff to sort through as we pack our crates for Papua, and our suitcases for language school in Java. Not to mention continuing to get used to having our little Ian on board with us! So far he has been a good little guy. The only hitch has been his love of the night life! That does seem to be getting better.