There's a lot of funny little things that happen when you're trying to learn a new language. Yesterday I stopped by a local bakery to order cup-cakes for Elise to take to her school today (Friday). It is her birthday on Sunday, and we thought it would be fun for Elise and her friends at school to celebrate with some cupcakes.
When I got to the bakery yesterday, I didn't see any cupcakes. I did see muffins though, so I grabbed those and tried to describe to the employee what i was looking for using the muffin as a model. She said something like "oh yeah, with icing on top. We can make them if you want to order them. Sorry we don't have any examples for you right now!" So we went ahead and ordered twenty cup cakes to pick up the next day. No big deal right?
So today we went to pick up the cupcakes and take them to Elise's school. Here's what we got twenty of.....
When I got to the bakery yesterday, I didn't see any cupcakes. I did see muffins though, so I grabbed those and tried to describe to the employee what i was looking for using the muffin as a model. She said something like "oh yeah, with icing on top. We can make them if you want to order them. Sorry we don't have any examples for you right now!" So we went ahead and ordered twenty cup cakes to pick up the next day. No big deal right?
So today we went to pick up the cupcakes and take them to Elise's school. Here's what we got twenty of.....
Twenty of these precious little mini-cakes that all came in their own little box! Some poor bakery employee must have been up late last night making them all.
That was a little bit more than we had in mind to give to Elise's friends, but we went ahead and brought them to school.
Elise with teacher Esther.
Elise digs in to her Thomas the Train cake.
This little boy seemed to be enjoying himself.
Im not sure he was to thrilled. I don't think he touched his cake.
He certainly liked it! I think this little boy was the first one done.
Elise with all her friends and teachers at pre-school
I mentioned it was the "Birthday Weekend." So this little girl above, who lives across the back fence from us, is having a birthday party later today that we are going to. She is turning two. This morning she came over and she had just "licked the bowl" after her mom made her birthday cake!
So tomorrow (Saturday) is Elise's actual birthday party. And Sunday is her actual birthday! So it's going to be one long celebration I think!