Busy times around here! We move to Papua in one week. Yesterday afternoon, to give Heather a few moments of peace and quiet i the house I set out with the kids on a walk. As we were going we heard a lot of noise coming from down this little alley. So we headed down there and were greeted by this random scene:
Those kids looked like they were having a blast drumming! Somebody said they were practicing for August 17th, the Indonesian Independance Day. Right now, during the month of Ramadan, some of them, if I understand right, play every night. According to our friends who live close to this place, they are greeted by a drum line every night that passes by their house at 2:30 in the morning! Yes that is right, I said 2:30 in the morning. We only live a quarter mile away from them, but we have yet to have a drum line pass in front of our house yet at two AM (unless we have just slept through it!)