Monday, April 30, 2007

Heather and I had a nice trip last weekend. We watched Holly graduated from Northwest Missouri. Howabout some pictures?
There's holly getting her diploma!


The graduation was on Saturday. Afterwards they had a little party for holly and her two roommates that also graduated. One of her roommates is our cousin Amanda.....who is also getting married this summer! Her other roommate is their friend Jaci. Here's a photo of the three of them.

To see some more photos, click below
Holly's Graduation



We headed out a day earlier than we had planned. Heather's stepdad Dave's stepmother Barb had passed away during the week and the funeral was Thursday morning. It was a very special funeral. Heather and I had not gotten to know Barb very well, but it was neat to hear about her life during her funeral. The whole service was done by the pastor of her church. She had a very good relationship with her pastor, and he had been there for her over the last several months while her health was failing. So he was able to make the service very personal. Barb had begun to go to church about nine years back, and the pastor described for us the transformation that had taken place in her life. One story the pastor told stuck in my mind. Since Barb had a terminal illness, she had the chance to think about and plan her own funeral service. A couple months back while she was bed ridden, she called her pastor up and said "Pastor, I need you to come over here right now, I have something to tell you." As soon as he got there, she said (not a direct quote but as best as I can remember) "Pastor, I want you to write this down. When Jesus came into my heart, there was just no stopping him. He changed everything. He changed my desires. He changed my actions. He changed my life." That story really made an impression on me.

On the way back home we made a little stop by Hannibal, Missouri, which is the home of Mark Twain!! In this picture you can see the town and the Mississippi River in the background