Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Lord's hand

Back when Heather and I were preparing to move from Columbia Missouri to Grand Rapids to train to serve with MAF, we spent time beforehand showing friends and family what we were going to be training for. In order to help describe to people what MAF does, we randomly chose from their website one of the places they serve to show people what type of impact MAF has had there in the previous year. The place we randomly chose from among about a dozen other places was Papua, Indonesia. I still remembering sharing with people that in 2004, each pilot in Papua was able to save missionaries about five work years worth of traveling, and was able to transport around 200 tons of cargo. We even had (and still have) a google earth picture that we would show people showing how rugged the terrain is there and what kind of barriers those who seek to minister to the isolated tribes in Papua face. Today Heather and I received the news that we will be serving in Papua. We received the news right as I was getting ready to send in our next MAF newsletter for MAF to send out. In the newsletter I had already included a story about Papua that I heard several days ago that jumped out at me. I think it's really cool to see the Lord's hand in all of this.