So I am still in Farmington. The new transmission that was installed.....was not operating properly either. So now that it's the weekend, I get to wait it out until Monday to see if we can get ahold of the suspected transmission control computer somehow, which is not an easy part to get (at least quickly). I was feeling pretty low about this whole thing this morning. In my mind I knew it was not appropriate to feel sorry for myself, but it was really tempting, and I have found myself slipping into that mindset. Also the feeling of missing Heather and Elise, and not exactly knowing when I will see them again was starting to seem overwhelming. So a couple things happened. One that I will never forget. A couple of journeyman electrical workers were sitting in the lobby as I was talking to a friend and explaining what's going on. When I hung up they started to ask me questions about it. Then after they paid for their room, they paid for two nights for me to stay there. One guy said people had done a lot of nice things for him, and he wanted to do something to help me out because I was a long way from home. I was speechless. That was one of the most amazing random acts of generosity I have ever seen. And it cheered me right up!
Later, in the bible, I ran into the story where Mary and Joseph couldn't even get into a hotel to give birth to Jesus. And they seemed to do OK! And as I opened the bible to Ephesians chapter one, just everything right there on those two pages was enough of a reminder for me to say goodbye to feeling sorry for myself (at least for now, hopefully it will last!) What an amazing truth, that we will be the Lord's inheritance, made a part of His family by Christ's sacrifice, that we who were far away have been brought near.