Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The other night Ian was on a roll, laughing at just about everything. Here's a couple videos of the action!






After posting those videos above of Ian laughing, a lot of people said Ian's laugh really reminded them of Elise laughing at the balloon when she was a baby that we posted a long, long time ago. For kicks I went and looked that video up and here it is......I think it's amazing how similar they sound!



We are about to finish our second week of language school. It is very challenging! Indonesian or "Bahasa Indonesia" is supposed to be an easy language to learn. So I'm glad we aren't learning any of the difficult ones, because we feel like we're barely hanging on! Fortunately, alot of the students who are farther along tell us that is how we are supposed to feel in "unit 1" (there are 9 units). This is called the "survival unit".

After the first week of being humbled daily in class and butchering the language on the street trying to talk to people, I was encouraged when our trash lady came by on Saturday. (yeah that's right, I said trash lady. Did I mention things are different here?) I was really encouraged to have a really basic conversation with her and actually understand the general gist of what she was trying to say. We are blessed with many people who we run into every day who are very patient, know we are students, and want to help.